About the Blog
Family in Faraway Places shows families that they can continue to travel, even with kids! The blog encourages travelers with kids to step outside the traditional resorts targeted at families and to get out and explore together. Currently the focus of Family in Faraway Places is on countries in Asia. In particular, we write our posts with expat families living in the region in mind.
Jessica (from Canada) and Danny (from the Philippines) have been living, and working in South Korea for more than a decade now. During this time we have established strong ties in the expat communities here and have traveled around the region extensively with our son. From the time our son was 8 months to 3.5 years old we visited 9 countries as a family and took 28 flights together.
A trained photographer and published writer, Jessica draws from her past experience as the Executive Editor of what was the largest English news magazine in South Korea. Danny contributes to the execution and planning of our trips, and since he speaks 6 languages he often serves as our translator. He also lends his expertise as a Head Chef. He has worked in the restaurant industry in Korea, Philippines and Japan and has does additional studies in Thailand, Cambodia and India. We are always on the lookout for some great local food! Our son is along for the ride and helps to add to the wonder and excitement of exploring a new place. To read more about our story, CLICK HERE!
Want to Know More?
You can read more about us on these other great sites where we have been interviewed, featured or invited as a guest blogger.
- Podcast Interview by World Citizen Storycast
- Featured in Hawaiian Brian's 16 Travel Bloggers Share Their Top Vacation Destinations
- Featured in No If – just LIFT's Living Abroad: Christmas Abroad
- Featured in Wanter With Jo's 29 Interesting Souvenirs from Around the World
- Featured in Expat and the City's 12 Festivals in Korea you Must Attend This Year
- Featured in Flight of the Educator's Day 14 of ADVENTure Calendar
- Guest post Swimming With Whale Sharks at SG Dive Girl
- Featured in BookCulinaryVacations.com's Travel Bloggers Share the Best Foods they had While Traveling
- Translated guest post 광주국제교류의 맺어준 인연 in Gwangju International Center, New Years Newsletter
- Interviewed by Four on a World Trip Traveling Families: Family in Faraway Places
- Guest post 7 Awesome Things to do in Hue, Vietnam at Two Monkeys Travel
- Featured in The Soul of Seoul 22 Stunning Temples in Korea That You Have to See to Believe
- Featured in Television of Nomads Best Korean Food Dishes to Try n South Korea (Beyond Kimchi)